Friday, July 8, 2011

A DIY chess set for my geeky cousin

Guest post written by Linda Foster

My cousin Mark and I are really close. We have been for years. But I guess the chance of that happening is really good when you're the exact same age and you grow up down the street from each other though. But his birthday is coming up and I want to continue the tradition of giving him really thoughtful, one of a kind gifts. He does the same for me and we're constantly trying to one up ourselves from last year. Even though his birthday is well over a month away, I've started looking up ideas for what I should get him.

As I was looking through some potential gifts that I thought might interest Mark, I ran across the site Wirelessinternet.net. I read through it some and after that I decided to change over my home internet service to that company.

I found a tutorial on how to make a LED chess set, so I went out and bought the supplies. We'll see if I'm actually able to do it. Otherwise, I'll just give the supplies to him as a DIY gift. He'd probably actually love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment